Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas thoughts

It's almost here. The day we seem to wait for, anticipate, plan for and go crazy over - Christmas. It seems to have snuck up rather quickly this year, somewhat stealthily and a little too soon! I don't feel ready. I say that every year but this year, I'm just not "feeling" Christmas. Maybe it's the lack of snow, the lack of time spent in the malls, the lack of rushing around. I feel like something's missing. It's been a month of celebrating new life in a friend's baby girl, of being saddened by the sudden death of a friend, of seeing the story of Jesus' birth portrayed by my kids in front of the church. So where am I? The main theme of my Christmas this year is that I am not celebrating a baby, I am welcoming the Saviour. What am I doing to spread the "Good news of great joy"?
I love Christmas. I love the tenderness of Christmas Eve, the joy of Christmas morning but I always have a hard time getting there. Oh Lord, prepare my heart for days to come.

No comments: