Sunday, February 13, 2011

I run because I can

I don't always enjoy it. I hardly ever WANT to go. I don't like going out when it's cold, raining, hot or dark. I don't like running in the morning. But I run because I can. I am fortunate that nothing is keeping me from getting out and spending an hour alone with my Ipod. Running clears my head, lets me think things through and lets me worship my Creator. With every step I am reminded of how amazingly our bodies are put together. Each step reminds me that I am alive. Each step makes me more grateful for the blessings I have in my life. Each step brings me back closer to home. So I run to get away only so that I can come back again :)

3 comments:

Jim and Monica said...

Wholeheartedly agree! (so glad I wasn't running in the Iceman today though, I really am a fairweather outdoor runner)

Alex n Ligia said...

Where is the super like button?!
Encouraging :)

frances said...

You are so very, very positive. Hmmm, not sure that I ever felt like that about running. I just keep thinking every step is one more less that I still have to do. Maybe I need to change my perspective.
I do feel like that when I'm out in the woods, just me and my snowshoes and my dog. It's easier to feel worshipful and thankful when you don't feel exhaused! :)