Brad, Carolyne, Joel, Nathan, Micah and Cooper. That's our family! One dad, one mom, THREE sons and one kitty. We love God and try to live lives that are pleasing to Him. We will use this blog to keep you updated on the family that God has blessed us with, to share our struggles, our joys, our laughter and tears and to share how God is working in us and through us.
Monday, October 04, 2010
Blessed
A week ago today our 3rd son was born into our family. Micah Aaron Breedveld was born on September 27, 2010 at 7:04 pm. He weighed a whopping 9lbs, 150z (4525 g) and was 21.5 inches (almost 54cm) long. He's a big strong boy! We had a fairly, well, traumatic day the day he was born. We went to the hospital around 12:00, I didn't feel that bad but after Nathan's delivery we didn't want to take any chances. We arrived and soon enough I was taken into the labour room where we spent the next many hours trying to have a baby! Unfortunately Micah was somewhat happy to stay where he was - sunny side up and all - and we needed a little assistance to get him out. That spinal freezing I got was one of the best things that ever happened to me!! Shortly after that though, another best thing happened and our sweet boy finally entered our world. We had a few scary minutes of watching him be taken away, a tube put down his throat and his breathing helped with the ambubag - that first cry was the best sound I have ever heard. Micah is growing already. He pulls his head up to look around, he smiles at me when I laugh at his funny expressions, he melts my heart every time I look at him.
I am the mother of 3 boys. I am blessed beyond my own comprehension. Thank you God for the lives you have entrusted us with. May they bring glory to Your name.
Micah is one week old. We love him so much and though I want him to stay little, we look forward to seeing the person he will become.
Micah: Who is like God? Gift from God.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
You certainly are blessed. Thanks for sharing Micah's arrival and some great pictures. I love Nathan's expression when he is holding Micah... such a proud big brother.
Thanks for the post. Great pictures. Can't wait to meet the little (big) guy in person.
I hope you are healing ok. I think about you guys daily and wish I could be there to snuggle Micah. Isabelle and Zoe cannot wait to meet him but they are missing Joel and Nathan too. We love you all and are so happy for you!
Congratulations Breedvelds.
Michah is really cute. His name sounds very much like mine good choice and thanks :)
It will be so nice to meet him in person. He will probably be bigger than the twins when we see him.
God bless and have fun with the pack of boys!
Mike, Julie, Noah, Eve and Lily
congrats again!!!! thanks for sharing some pictures..they are handsome boys...
Congratulatons!! Micah is beautiful, just like your other two!! Best of luck. Looking forward to seeing lots more pics!
Post a Comment