Saturday, April 30, 2011

The 7 month mark

Micah is 7 months old. The countdown is now on...only a few short summer months and my mat leave is over! It's actually hard to believe that a year is always a year! This one is going so fast. At 7 months Micah has 4 teeth, sits and plays and pushes himself forward like he's trying to crawl but often lands on his face. He loves to stand and will even balance on his own for a few seconds. He's a tall, strong boy and he is a little joy to have in our family.
This past week has not been overly joyful though with 4 out of 5 of us sick - Brad had it 2 weeks ago and now the rest of have been stricken by this awful cold! Fevers, coughing and running (as in noses and eyes) have been the story of our week. Nate even got some puking in there, too bad it had to be at ToysRUs today while we were trying to pick out a new car seat for Micah. Yes. It's been a bad week and it doesn't seem to be ending.
However, I know it will. I have to remind myself of that almost every minute... some people don't have that hope that they will be healed. I was reminded of that this week when I got to hear a woman from our church speak - she has cancer, she is going to die and she is okay with that. And so I know I can make it through another day of this cold...it is after all just a cold.

2 comments:

Jim and Monica said...

I know, I've been seriously broken hearted about the Horton's situation this week, and thinking about them so much. We're all faced with different situations in life, given or allowed by God. Why/What is He teaching or building in us? It's so hard to understand and I feel guilty that they have to go through it.
Anyway, I'm glad that there is a light at the end of your tunnel and soon you'll emerge all healthy and strong again and off to Disneyland :)! You have a great life!!

theBreedvelds said...

Thanks Mon...especially for the reminder to be praying for Tyler and Amy.
I'm starting to think this may not be "just a cold". Nate is day 3 of fever and coughing and is just so sick...I am still NOT getting any better, beginning to wonder if my sinuses are involved :( Needless to say I have the hope that this will end, hopefully in time for our trip!