Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Cameroon!

In about 6 months I will be boarding a plane with 14 other people for a trip of a lifetime. I will be leaving behind Brad and my 3 boys for the 17 days and while I know I will miss them terribly, there is a bigger picture to why I am leaving. There has always been a yearning inside me to go. Africa, South America, India...these places all pull me to them.
So on January 3 we will be making our way to Cameroon until the 20th. I am looking forward to meeting the people, being immersed in culture I know nothing about and working, using my skills in the local hospitals. I am so excited to see how God can use these 2 weeks to change lives - likely more my own than anyone I'll be meeting. I hope to come back a better person, a better wife, a better mom, a better friend, a better Christian. Now I know, I can and should be working on all these things every day regardless of where I am. And I will. But I believe there are some things that can't be learned living with all we have.
So, here are my requests from you - my family, my friends. There are many ways that you can be a part of my adventure.

1. Pray for me. Pray for the team. Safety, health, changed hearts.

2. Donate! I have an empty suitcase that I want to fill with medical supplies, toothbrushes, pencils, pens, paper...

3. Financial support. The trip costs $3500 per person by September! While I am hoping to support myself as well, I also have to pay for all my immuniztions which is about $700. Any financial gifts can be made out to Bethany Baptist Church, with my name and Cameroon mentioned. This way they are tax deductible!

I appreciate your prayerful consideration of these requests. I'll be keeping you updated on my progress as we prepare for what's to come!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

soooo exciting!!!! We need to get together and soon!
Sarah K

The Neufelds said...

Prayers and blessings coming your way!