Wednesday, February 06, 2013

A New Year


Legoland, Florida November 2012

I happen to love this family picture of us. It just says so much. Batman, Robin, our 3 crazy boys. It seems like ages ago that we were there. In the shorts, in the sun, enjoying rides and tasty treats. We had a blast. Joel loved Legoland. Every ride was perfect for him! It was like it was built for 6 year old boys :)

This year has started out not great. New Years brought us up to Prince George for some family fun and snow. We had a great time, could've been better had Joel not had the flu and if I hadn't had the worst cold ever... Back home school started back up and Joel is loving it and doing really well. He has become a good reader, a neat printer and fast at doing math! We are really proud of him and really thankful for his teacher, Mrs.Gordon, who has just done an amazing job with the kids. She is the best!
Since the year started though, we have just been sick with colds, flus, stomach bugs; we've been stressed with work and some unexpected financial things (not a big deal but unexpected); I've officially gone from the 24-34 age range to having to check off 35-49.
Despite all this I've decided to choose JOY.
Psalm 63:7-8
Because you are my helper, I sing for JOY in the shadow of your wings. I cling to you; your strong right hand holds me securely.

When my heart is burdened,
I will choose JOY.
When my mind is troubled,
I will choose JOY.
When my soul is tired,
I will choose JOY.
For the JOY of my salvation is my strength.
Thank you God for saving me.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Miranda said...

Stress and illness...the two biggest joy stealers ever! I just keep repeating to myself...the joy of the Lord is my strength.