I am sitting here at work, bored on a Saturday, wishing I could be home with my family. This working every weekend is starting to take its toll. I do appreciate the fact that we don't have to find daycare for Joel on Saturdays and Sundays but as with all things there is a sacrifice somewhere else. I miss my family. I am still trying to figure out when my last day of work will be. Part of me wants to take off early so I can enjoy some of the summer with Brad and Joel and yet I want to maximize my time with the new addition as well. That is assuming I go back to work when I'm supposed to....
I've been thinking a lot lately about life and how I was hoping to make some changes in myself this year - kind of a turning 30 resolution. I don't really know if I've succeeded so far. I just finished reading a book by Philip Yancey called Reaching for the Invisible God. Good read. Very insightful to the way we are to view our relationship with God. I find it so humbling that He would want me. Who am I that He should be mindful of me?? I am, we all are, His creation, chosen by Him, saved through His Son. I love the new Mercy Me CD. They have a song that says, "We've been told that the heart is just too far gone to save, but grace tells us another story." Don't we all feel that way sometimes? Thank God for His grace. Where would we be without Jesus?
3 comments:
Love you. You totally beat me on that book. I am still reading it. I ahve about 5 on the go as usual...lol! I made some sort of plan when I turned 30 too and I feel like I am failing miserably. It's crazy to me that we are so selfish that we stumble nearly everyday. What's even crazier is that God picks us up again and welcomes us with open arms.
It's Evelin and I don't want to figure out what the heck my username, etc. was. Thank you for reminding me of God's truths! We wonderfully made, knit in our mothers' womb, for Him to desire us!
It is a great idea to take stock this year (the big 30) I also made some resolutions and I think I better go back and re-evaluate and see what I can do with what's left of my 30 year to accomplish the things I think are important and to realign my priorities.
Thanks for being a good example.
EM
Post a Comment