I had an appointment with my doctor today and am 29 weeks and 2 days pregnant. I kind of lost track there for awhile and when people would ask me, I didn't know! So anyway, there you go. Now you and I both know!
Right now I am struggling with some decisions about my mat leave. There is a stipulation that in order to receive certain benefits from my workplace I have to go back to work for 6 months after my leave. I have no idea where we will be in a year and a half. I've always hoped we wouldn't be "here" anymore and I really don't think I can commute any further to UBC than I already do. I feel rather stressed out about these decisions seeing as I have only speculation to base them on. Please pray for clarity and peace of mind for me. I know we need to do the right thing but I haven't really been able to figure out what that is yet.
I have a headache, I have heartburn and I am no longer sleeping well at night. For some reason I like to wake up at 4:30 and not fall back asleep until 6ish. The same thing happened with Joel but at least I didn't have a 2 year old waking me up shortly after I fall asleep again! Anyway, enough complaining. I need something positive to focus on.
Baby is moving a lot. It seems like we may have another little soccer fan on the way - a soccer fan can be a girl or a boy by the way!!! He/she sure likes to remind me that they're there, all day long.... He/she has grown quite a bit in the last few weeks and I can almost always find a little knee, foot or bum to push back on! Joel got to hear the heartbeat today and he talked about it for the next hour. He is talking like crazy now! He makes up sentences and lets us know exactly what he wants - usually gum or yogurt, except we don't give him gum so he doesn't even know what it is. He mentions often about how he misses Schatzi and Papa and he talks about things and people being pretty (out of the blue yesterday he said "Hannah, pretty"). He still calls dandylions, daddy-roars, which I find quite funny. He's cute, he cracks me up and brightens most of our unsunny days with something he says. We are still waiting for sun and warmth here. Summer is welcome anytime.
3 comments:
I am praying for you and these big decisions you have to make. I cannot wait to hear Joel talk and see how much he's grown. Thanks for the talk today. Love you.
Do not worry, do not be anxious, it will all work out, though it is difficult to believe when you have no definate answers. Though in the grand scheme of things, none of us has definate answers for anything. We make plans then adjust as necessary, because we know the best laid plans of mice and men often go astray. Take it one day at a time, and leave your cares in God's hands. He knows what you need even before you need it and he will take care of you and yours.
Be encouraged my friend. This too shall pass.
EM
Post a Comment