Thursday, August 28, 2008

A few more....

I am down to 5 more days to my due date. Time has gone so quickly these past few weeks and all of a sudden the waiting is excruciating! I want to know what this baby is!! With Joel, I was certain we were having a boy. With this one, I give it 50/50. I have NO idea! Either way I'll be surprised. Joel and I are sticking pretty close to home these days. I'm pretty tired most of the time and am getting rather uncomfortable. The doctor says the baby has dropped so it really could be anytime. I'm hoping for Sunday when she is on call!!
Joel just turned 2 1/2 on the 26th. I can't believe he's going to be 3 on his next birthday. That sounds so old! At our doctor's visit the other day, the MOA weighed him and he weighs 36 lbs (although I am sure that scale weighs heavy) and we measured him and he's almost 38 inches tall!! I don't think he'll quite make it on the rides at Disneyworld unless we find some really awesome platform shoes for him. :)
My Joel, my little boy. He has really changed in the past few months. All he does is talk and repeat things and he just loves to sing and give hugs and kisses. He loves to "help" me in the kitchen, especially with washing the dishes (and then the floor with all the water he's spilled). He is such a sweet boy - most of the time. He can also scream and hit and yell "no" but what kid can't. We are working on potty training him. He's got number 2 figured out but he needs many reminders about going pee. He'll get it one day....
We don't really have many pictures from lately. The weather has just gone completely opposite what it was a couple weeks ago. It is wet and cold and does NOT feel like August anymore. I'm finding it kind of sad but hoping for a lovely September. I guess I always knew that the end of summer meant having a baby so now we just have to have the baby! Maybe I'll try to get a belly shot on here before it's too late.

3 comments:

Miranda said...

5 days!!!
Thinking about you.

Anonymous said...

I'm still thinking girl! Now that I've put it out there, I'm sure I'll be wrong. So, maybe I'm thinking boy...
Hannah is willing to share her birthday, so Wednesday would be a good day! We're thinking about you lots and praying for you and baby - that all will go well. Can't wait!!

Miranda said...

It's a girl! I am sure of it.