Thursday, August 07, 2008

Harrison Hot Springs


A couple of weekends ago I actually had a full weekend off!! I know with my upcoming mat leave I will have many weekends off but we decided to take advantage of this lovely time in July and get away for a night, just the three of us before baby comes. We stayed at the Harrison Hot Springs resort where we enjoyed the pool and Joel got used to dunking his head under water. He's come a long way!! The part we stayed in was the old part - built in 1929. It had some old time flair but the uncomfortable bed and lack of A/C made for a long night! We enjoyed taking in the scenery and just being away from the city though. Joel had the greatest time throwing rocks into the lake and spent most of the afternoon doing just that. On the way home we stopped at the Olive Garden for dinner and enjoyed the A/C there along with some fantastic salad, breadsticks and pasta! It felt so good to get away and although it was only one night, we really felt good about coming home and that we had gotten away.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Miranda said...

I am glad you had some time away. You look amazing by the way...for being that pregnant! Joel is swimming better than Isabelle if he is dunking already...she hates it.