Saturday, August 16, 2008

Just a chat

Brad and I always seem to think that the other person has the camera, so when we go places together we rarely have it! This morning we took Joel to Maple Grove Pool. It was great, Joel loved it and I felt cool for the first time in days! Summer didn't bother me until the past few days when it's gotten up around 30 degrees and our place just heats up so much! The main floor gets to be about 28 and the upstairs where we sleep is even hotter. I'm not sure what got into me yesterday but I decided to make granola bars (thanks Frances! YUMMY!) and chocolate chip cookies. Who turns the oven on when it's that hot??? Anyway, we are doing well. Starting to really anticipate the arrival of this baby. I am 37 weeks and 3 days along so... we should be getting ready!!! I feel somewhat unprepared to do this all over again. Maybe it's because we don't have a room to get ready, we can't set up a crib, but I really should have a bag packed, for me, for Brad and for Joel!
This evening our townhouse block is having a BBQ party in the alley between us. We are celebrating the work being finished on the complex. We are all very happy to have the construction guys and their messes off the property after 2 years of having to clean up cigarette butts and nails - many of which have poked into my tires, Joel just spotted one yesterday.
Anyway, I guess I should go and get some things ready. I thought I'd try to get out of the kitchen and cool off in the den - it hasn't worked. I am still hot.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi from hot PG!
We're getting beautiful hot weather too. I do sympathize with you Carolyne! 9 years ago I was in your exact position - super pregnant right through the summer. That's funny you made my granola bars because tonight I'm planning to make the lemon blueberry cake we had at your place. I'm waiting for it to cool off a bit before I turn on the oven though. We're off to the lake tomorrow to enjoy the weather. Take care. Frances

Miranda said...

It's hot here too! A few days ago it was 34 degrees. I got soooo burnt despite putting on half a bottle of sunscreen. The kids are having a hard time sleeping too. Last night our thermostat on the main floor said 29.5 degrees and upstairs it had to be about 4 or 5 degrees hotter. We went to the Leg grounds to keep cool. It reminded me of the time we went there with you and Brad, when I was pregnant with Isabelle.
Miss you.

Ice Cream Lady said...

Ha ha, that's so funny about you baking in the heat. Nesting are we? I hope the next little while is relaxing for you. Don't worry about the details (crib, room, etc.) baby doesn't care. He/she is going to sleep all the time anyway.
Hey, you should check out www.expectnet.com and start a guessing game for new baby. It's kind of fun and interesting for the last little wait of the pregnancy.
Send me an invite if you do one.

The Neufelds said...

Carolyne, I think I may have solved the baby sngli problem. I was at a baby shower friday and Jonathan's cousin made a beautiful wrap holder like the ones they use in Switzerland. They are easy to tie and all you need is 5 meters of jersey knit stretch material. Can't believe you are over 37 weeks now (actually yes I can) could be any day! Love, Melissa

Anonymous said...

Hey Carolyne,

Homemade granola bars? I should probably make them as well. Last year when I was pregnant with Katie in the summer, 2 of my brother in laws brought over a window air conditioner. It saved me - this year we still have it and only use it when it's really hot- but we have Eva and Katie in our room as well when it's that hot - so we sleep cooler - maybe not better. :) Thinking of you,
Sarah

Monica and Jim said...

Hi Carolyne!
I'm so behind, finally read your blog! It's cool and rainy here now, a welcome relief! You know baby won't care about where it sleeps, etc. but I know that we like things to be organized and just right and prepared! Mitchell did really well in the bassinet and we just moved it from house to house! Now, he's in his crib, the first night he didn't do as well but last night he was just up once after 11:00. We're all anxiously awaiting baby's arrival! The kids are still praying for you and baby too! Talk to you soon! Monica