Yesterday was the big 4 month doctor's appointment. I learned that our kid is still in the 100th percentile. He's huge!! He weighs 18 lbs 12 oz and is 27" long. Joel was 18 lbs 14 oz but his appointment was a week after he turned 4 months so they're pretty much the same, although Nathan has been gaining slower believe it or not as he started out over a pound heavier! Nathan also rolled over from his tummy to his back for the first time on Sunday. He is also spending time in the exersaucer and he loves it!! We have to start the Jolly Jumper soon, I just wish we had a place to put it downstairs!
Joel is doing well too. He has quit napping which makes me kind of annoyed as nap time was a great time for me to get stuff done and just have some alone time. He is no longer a toddler. I am thinking of looking into preschools for him but with me going back to work in September I'm not really sure how it's going to work out. He has already become a very good counter, knows his alphabet and can sing a number of songs - Kids In America, being a favourite. He has a funny little sense of humour and loves being the center of attention. He told me the other day that I should put Nathan back in my tummy - I'm sure he was joking :\ except he mentioned it again....
We are loving our new van - how did I ever live without heated seats?! We are growing out of our townhouse but I guess we'll just have to make it work a while longer. I don't know where the next few years will take us, we're just living day by day, trying to enjoy time because we all know, it goes way too fast.
6 comments:
Heated seats? You live in Richmond...what do you need heated seats for? You are going to have a cold butt when you are here! lol!
As for outgrowing the townhouse, I feel the same way but I've really begun to accept that spending more $ on a bigger and better place isn't going to happen.
So we are just going to made do, renovate, and enjoy that we have everything that we need.
Preschools...maybe you find something near your childcare provider. Too bad you have to go back to work. Don't even think about that yet. Enjoy Mat leave.
8 more days!
Hmmm, where does a 2 year old learn "Kids in America"? Same place a 9 year old learns "Eye of the Tiger"?
That's hilarious.
What about being awoken by "Anyway you want it that's the way you need it" sung very loudly by 4 grade 1 boys at 6:20am Saturday morning of Ethan's sleepover. We don't even have Rockband!!
Can't wait til next week when we'll hear that Nathan is cruising the furniture!! What a big boy! I think Mitchell and him are very close in weight, Mitchell was 19 pounds and 6 ounces yesterday at his immunizations and she said the clothes would account for about 6 ounces, so there you have it!
Okay, so for those of you who said Duncan was huge, I finally looked it up and he was only 15lbs 6oz and 26 and 3/4 inches at 4 months soooo I think you guys win. Just kidding.
Glad to hear both boys are doing well. You guys should move to Steveston! Melissa
Post a Comment