Monday, February 23, 2009

I am content....

For too long now I have been complaining about not being content. Well, I've had enough. I am content. I AM content. I am CONTENT. I figure if I change my way of thinking and say it enough to myself I will believe it. Contentment has nothing to do with my external surroundings. It is within me and since I have Jesus in me, how can I be anything but. I am sick of my whining and complaining and begging for contentment. So, I say sorry to all of you who have had to listen to it. I will go where you lead me Lord. Show me the way.

4 comments:

The Neufelds said...

Good for you Carolyne.

Michelle said...

I'm glad you are at a place of peace.

Miranda said...

I wish we weren't so easily shaken from contentment into the storms that surround us. Good reminder C. Thanks. I think that everytime I get stressed I should come and read this post. ;)

Anonymous said...

When we studied Philippians, I realized I'd been confusing contentment with happiness. They are completely different things! Happiness is determined by external circumstances while contentment is a state we are in when we are connected to Christ and that doesn't change regardless of our circumstances. If Paul could be content in prison, I should be content in my life! If you haven't already, read Phil. 4:11-13. Love those verses!