Tuesday, February 17, 2009

These days....

The weeks are going so fast. I feel like a complete scatterbrain tonight. I can't find my little brown Bible and it's driving me crazy. Anyway, yes, the weeks are going so fast! In a week Joel turns 3! 3! I will be the mother of a preschooler! I still haven't decided if he's going to preschool yet and if I wait much longer the decision will be made for me. I want to tell some Joel stories but I don't even know where to begin. He's kind of crazy. The things that come out of his mouth....he called an East-Indian man in the grocery store a "taxi" as our 2 taxi drivers were both of that descent recently and today at Wal-Mart we walked by a guy working there and Joel says, "That guy got a big tummy!" I was somewhat mortified on both of these occasions. Obviously he hasn't developed certain filters yet! He also talks about Barack Obama all the time. He recognizes him on the T.V., thinks constantly that it is his birthday and exclaims, "Barack Obama to the rescue!!" I truthfully do not know why he put that together. I don't even think we support him.... I tend not to think about American politics too hard and really don't have an opinion.
To shed another light on my child, I found him in his room the other day, kneeling beside his bed, "reading" his Bible. He was telling the stories of Noah and Jonah. It was so cute. Also, he can often be heard singing "Amazing Grace" and "This Little Light of Mine". So cute.
Nathan continues to grow. He's still not turning over but is starting to sit a bit on his own. He's generally a very easy baby, likes to sleep but also likes to eat which still tends to interrupt his sleep :( Mommy would be so happy to have some full nights of sleep! Although, when he actually does sleep through on the rare occasion, Joel gets up. Who says it gets easier as they get older??? Not me!!!
Alright, sorry for the long read. I'm going to keep looking for my Bible. Anyone seen it??

3 comments:

D J E and M Huber said...

That's hilarious... Eli recognizes Obama as well, and says his name when he shows up on TV. No wonder he got elected...

Miranda said...

Love the long posts...keep them coming. If Joel is 3, then Zoe will be in 3 months. So sad :(

Ice Cream Lady said...

So funny about the "taxi" and big tummy! Your family is so cute. I'm glad you're doing well even if you have pant issues like me.