Monday, April 13, 2009

A million thoughts

I also have a million titles for this post. Wow, as fast as time goes I want to speed up this week!! I have a VERY busy week ahead, meeting, meeting and another meeting....You Bethany folk know what I'm talking about. But besides that, we got an offer on our home over the weekend and they have until next Tuesday to remove their subjects and then we could remove our subject and then we would be moving!!!!

But anyway, I am trying to lay this all on God. I know. It is in His hands. Nothing I do will change how things are meant to work out. I will pray for peace. I will pray for patience. I will accept these as gifts that He provides in our times of need.

Here's a little more about Beth and Esther. Last week we watched the video for session 4. The further I get into this study the more I feel like she is talking to me!! God is talking to me!

This session was about facing our fears. Esther had to face the fear of death. She came to a point where she said to Mordecai, "And if I perish, I perish." Beth asks us the question, "And if I ______, then ____. She had us fill in the second blank with "God". If we lose this house, then God will.... Over the past few days I have asked myself so many "What if..." questions and seriously, the answer is that God will take care of me. He will take care of us. He will take care of you and your family.

So, what if? Then what? Then God.

She uses the word IF as an acronym for I FEAR. Therefore, if I keep asking these questions, I am giving in to the fear of the unknown. I must rely on what I know. I know Truth and I know that God is sovereign.

Trust God. Not that He won't let it happen. Just trust. He will be faithful.

3 comments:

D J E and M Huber said...

We're certainly praying for the meeting, meeting and meeting.

Miranda said...

I have a million comments that I want to leave but we will talk one of these days. Love you.

ribeirofamilia said...

Thanks for the inspiration you gave me with these thoughts!