Brad, Carolyne, Joel, Nathan, Micah and Cooper. That's our family! One dad, one mom, THREE sons and one kitty. We love God and try to live lives that are pleasing to Him. We will use this blog to keep you updated on the family that God has blessed us with, to share our struggles, our joys, our laughter and tears and to share how God is working in us and through us.
Sunday, May 10, 2009
I've made my bed
And now I must lie in it!! Seriously, I'd love to have a nap right now but I can't. It is Mother's Day and soon we are heading out to spend the evening with the many moms (and mom-to-be) in our family! This post has a few meanings. First of all, since I got my new bedding (above) I do make my bed. I love to make my bed in fact because it looks so pretty!! Thanks to those who contributed to my fund (birthday and Christmas money - I didn't actually have a bedding fund)! Mom & Dad N, you got me those shams for my birthday :) Thanks!
The other meaning is a wee bit more humbling. God has His ways of bringing us back to our knees. In March our neighbours moved and we got new neighbours, a family of 6 living in a townhouse smaller than ours. I think I've actually complained about them on this very blog and now God has shown me how terrible I have been. I met my neighbours at church this morning. They are a Christian family and we haven't even gone over to introduce ourselves. All we've done is complain about loud music and cigarette butts from their friend - I don't even know their names. I feel so ashamed and pray that our new neighbours don't treat us the same when we move in. The worst thing is, I always talk about how much I'll miss this block and the friendships we have made here and I can't even bother to welcome my new neighbours.
Nine times it is written in the Bible to "Love your neighbour as yourself." I think I need to try a little harder.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You've got me thinking!
It is a good way to live your life and sometimes can be a real challenge Gecky. I complain about my rowdy neighbors across the street but I have never even met them.
By the way, we have the same bed set... We are not so different you and I ( and Julie, cause she for sure picked the them) :)
Oh I've laid in my prickly bed a few too many times . . . . Evelin
Post a Comment