Brad, Carolyne, Joel, Nathan, Micah and Cooper. That's our family! One dad, one mom, THREE sons and one kitty. We love God and try to live lives that are pleasing to Him. We will use this blog to keep you updated on the family that God has blessed us with, to share our struggles, our joys, our laughter and tears and to share how God is working in us and through us.
Monday, July 20, 2009
Our "new" house
Here is our house. We are somewhat settled now and I have not tried to drive to the old place yet! We are making progress on the basement and the yard although both are still somewhat disastrous! The basement more so than the yard - at least the yard is usable! As I write my dad and Brad are framing in our new bathroom. We are really looking forward to having the extra space down stairs, especially so we can have you all visit! Just not all at the same time please....
The back yard is a very interesting place. A zoologist would love it, an entomologist would love it, the kids love it! We have seen raccoons, squirrels, bats and birds and have heard an owl, smelled a skunk and have uncovered hundreds of species of spiders, millions of wood bugs and so many other insects and critters that I have never seen before - not to mention they are all way bigger than I have ever seen before. We have snails and big slugs and huge bumblebees (seriously - HUGE, like a loonie!).
So if you're not scared of a few bugs or ROUS's - come visit! But maybe wait a few months until we have the space :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I love backyards with lots of creatures!!
Congrats, again, on the new house.
Your yard looks really nicee. I wish I had cedars at our house, not racoons though.
Hannah and Josh (especially Josh) want to come visit this backyard of yours. You don't need to go to the zoo!
I am thinking...January again. Should I chance it?
I'm there. I can't wait to come visit and it totally helps that I'm a 2 minute walk away.
Post a Comment