Friday, July 24, 2009

A tough week

This week has been hard. I am somewhat emotionally spent. I feel tired, isolated and just sort of sad. At home the family is celebrating Mitchell's first birthday, our family here is celebrating the birth of Brent and Sara's boy, Peter and us, well, we're just basically on isolation, quarantined to our house. Joel has been very sick all week, Nathan has the same thing now and Brad and I are doing all we can not to get it and to keep others from getting it. It sucks.
The only thing keeping me somewhat sane is running. With my running partner gone this week I have had to force myself to get out but once I am on the road it is great. Just me. and my IPod. and God. Tonight I talked to God. With all the joy that new life brings, a celebration yesterday, a celebration today, I am still saddened by the loss of a baby boy, one year ago today. I know I don't really know this family but my heart is still burdened for them. Maybe it's because I have one almost the same age. and all too often I forget the privilege it is, the gift it is to have not one, but two healthy boys (well, healthy most of the time...). On my run tonight I had to stop a few times to marvel at what was around me. The pink sky, the mountains, a sliver of moon... it was all a reminder that He is. Who am I that He should be mindful of me. And yet, He is.
So anyway, I don't know where I am going with this post. I guess I just feel lonely right now and probably will until the family is symptom free and we can see people again. I am totally all over the place with this. Totally.
I will end it here.

2 Thessalonians 2:16-17

16May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, 17encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.

2 comments:

The Langevin's said...

I completely understand my friend...you have made perfect sense. All I can say is "amen". Hang in there! I hope things look up for you and that everyone gets healthy soon.

Miranda said...

Hope this week is better. How are the boys?