Friday, August 21, 2009

My project

I spent 3 nights with this fireplace, transforming it from a dark, dingy, dirty thing to what you see on the bottom right! I am very pleased with how it came out. Brad did help a bit with it as it was a HUGE job (and not overly fun...)!! He spraypainted the inside black and him and his dad are going to tile the hearth.
The basement is really starting to come together. On Monday the drywallers are coming again to work on the new stairway and the hall and laundry room. When they are finished we have to paint (so all you who have volunteered to help - you're on call!) and the next Monday carpet is coming! I can't wait!! What a glorious day that will be when that floor disappears!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Monica and Jim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Monica and Jim said...

Fabulous job, tedious but I'm sure it was worth it!! Like most things in life...

frances said...

It's looking great guys. I can't believe how much you've done in such a short time. Can't wait to see it in person someday! So, our new house has a fireplace that needs painting - wanna help, Carolyne?? :)

theBreedvelds said...

Not a chance Frances! And how does a 2 year old house have an FP that needs painting??

frances said...

Just joking - wanted to get a reaction. Our new fireplace just fine the way it is! But you really like helping move don't you...?