Thursday, June 10, 2010

I feel the need...

to blog, to vent, to laugh at something, to get outside, to curl up with my book.... I'll start with just blogging. A few days ago I finally planted my garden. Potatoes, leeks, spinach, zucchini, acorn squash, brussels sprouts, peas, carrots, beets, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers... we are looking forward to eating some of our own stuff this year! Some of it I did from seed earlier in the spring and some are just plants that I've now stuck in the ground. Hopefully the raccoons stay out of it all!
Otherwise, it is just raining here. Days and days and weeks of rain! Okay, Tuesday was nice but was that really fair to throw ONE decent day in the middle of it all? Just get the rain over with!!! I am bored! Stuck at home with a napping toddler, a sore throat and a 4 year old who I just let make a huge mess with paint while I made 69 meatballs! Maybe I will just go read my book. I've just started "the Book of Negroes", a book recommended to me by a coworker. Only 60 pages in and I don't want to put it down!

**Update** At least one of my brussel sprouts is turning out to be broccoli - kind of good since the kids love broccoli! We'll see what other surprises we get : ) And it's 14 degrees here today. Cold. Cloudy. Hopefully the garden will actually grow. We've picked 3 ripe raspberries and of course Joel ate them all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, nice work on the garden! We started a garden at the mill, we planted giant Atlantic pumpkins and some other varieties, corn, carrots, beets, radishes, bok choi, potatoes, onions, broccoli, and some flowers. i will post some pics when everything starts coming up.
Julie read that book you started and she liked it too.

frances said...

Hey I have a sore throat too. That's 5 colds now since January. I used to pride myself on not getting sick often. So much for that.

ribeirofamilia said...

Funny...I've felt the same way all week!

Ice Cream Lady said...

Wow! Your garden sounds great. Let me know how the book turns out. Someday I'll take the time to read a book again, instead of blogs...maybe. Wish I could send you some sun, but it's over cast here too. Don't worry, July and August should be good, right? Hope your throat feels better soon. Good job on the meatballs!

frances said...

Hey, have you seen a PG weather report lately? Tomorrow is 24 degrees and Saturday should be 25 degrees! Summer is here :) Hopefully, we'll have that kind of weather when you are here.