
Quebec's history goes back many centuries. The city is full of buildings and structures dating back to the 1700's but has a modern feel as well. The old town is surrounded by a stone wall and is secured by the Citadel - a still functioning military base. The picture on the top right shows the only entrance to the Citadel, a very narrow road. A few years ago they build a pedestrian tunnel for safety reasons but as you can see, the Citadel is virtually hidden behind the grassy hills and troughs. Back in it's time it was considered impenetrable. I have much research to do now on Canadian history. I found out this past week that I know nothing! I am very thankful for the opportunity I had to visit Quebec. I hope I will be able to go back one day and I will certainly practice my French for next time! Aurevoir Quebec! Thank you for the sunshine : )

2 comments:
Looks like you had a great time. Reminds me a little of Halifax with all the old buildings. I suppose the language and ocean would be two major differences though :)
Don't worry, I took about 5 university classes on Canadian history and I don't remember any of it. Somehow I passed the classes, but honestly I think I had out of body experiences every time I attended (which was not often I have to admit). I have some good text books (barely used :)) if you want to read up on our country's history.
Post a Comment