Thursday, May 26, 2011

The captions...

For some reason blogger is being difficult again and won't let me publish any words with my pictures, so...
We had a great few days in California. The weather wasn't quite what we had hoped for, cool temps, rain, sunny afternoons resulting in burnt heads...but we made the most of our time and purchased hot chocolate instead of ice cream.
The boys were awesome. I know I complain about my kids but they were great on the plane (both ways), they were great in the parks - especially Joel who had to walk most of the time! The first day in Disneyland we spent 13 hours there! It was exhausting and really busy that day but we just avoided the long lines knowing we'd be back on Tuesday.
Micah's favourite thing - It's A Small World
Micah's not so favourite - the Aladdin show. He was so tired, he totally melted down in the middle of it much to my dismay as I had to walk out and miss "A Whole New World".
Nathan's favourite - Francis' Ladybug Boogie - he laughed and laughed as we spun around and around. Did that one 3 times in a row :P
Nathan's not so favourite - any of the movie rides. He came out crying from each of them.
Joel's favourite - you'll have to ask him - he LOVED it all (almost...)
Joel's not so favourite - the Tower of Terror
Carolyne's favourite - the Tower of Terror and California Screamin' and Soarin' and...
Carolyne's not so favourite - the Roger Rabbit ride LAMO!!
Brad's favourite - he doesn't know. Says he enjoyed it all, except getting out of the pool BRRRR!
I just have to say, it was fun to get away. We rarely get time with just the 5 of us, so while it was by no means the most relaxing vacation, we all had fun and in the words of Joel, "I never wanted to leave Disneyland. Why can't we live there Mom?"

4 comments:

Chris said...

You took Joel on the Tower of Terror?

I wouldn't even go on the Tower of Terror. No wait, he just decided that he didn't like it from outside the Aladdin Theatre right? I'm right aren't I? Oh please tell me I'm right.

If I'm wrong Joel and I are going to be able to have nice long chats about our (ir)rational fear of heights.

theBreedvelds said...

Joel did the T of T - seriously. Should have bought that picture as proof! I don't think he really knew what he was getting into...in the line he kept saying no for some reason...

Michelle said...

I am so glad you all had a good time. I am looking forward to it next year.

Chris said...

Joel, I feel for you buddy. Hopefully you're not traumatized for too long :)