Sunday, May 29, 2011

Let me explain...

I am not lonely. I have my family. I have Brad's family. I have many close friends both in proximity and relationally. I am so blessed to live where I live and have the friends and family around me that I have. I am fortunate to have my PG family who is willing to come visit and we are fortunate to be able to go up and see them a few times a year.
However, there are days when I just need my mom, my dad, my sisters, my brother, my nieces and nephews. If you've never lived away from your blood family, you may not understand but some days it is just hard. I am missing out on the kids growing up. I am missing out on running a half marathon with my sisters. I am keeping them from seeing my kids grow up, from sharing our life with them. That is what makes me sad.
It's coming up to 9 years since I moved away for good.
And it's really feeling like it's for good.

5 comments:

The Radke's said...

I do understand how you feel Carolyne. I will continue to pray for you and all the ups and downs that come with this.

Michelle said...

I unfortunately don't understand but I am willing to listen if you need. I can't imagine EVER going through what you're going through.

Anonymous said...

Love you Gecky:) Brad, Joel, Nathan and Micah. We miss you guys too! We will pray for you lots. We are so excited to have you guys come fishing with us this summer, we will have a blast! I hope you catch a huge fish.
Hang in there. Perhaps one day we will move down there to the lower mainland and be close to you.
Mike, Julie, Noah, Eve, Lily

theBreedvelds said...

Michelle - FORTUNATELY you don't understand :) You don't want to... I miss you - feels like forever since we've chatted...

Jen - you understand all too well :(

Mike and the gang - don't move down here - ever. and thanks for the prayers

Alex n Ligia said...

Carolyne I understand how you feel, it's not an easy journey :( I will remember you in my prayers