Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Thankful

I thought I would write a Thanksgiving post. Of course I meant to do it days ago when it was actually Thanksgiving but well, I've been busy. Here's my list, though by no means is it complete - I can't possibly write down everything....
I am thankful for:
- Jesus - He died for me!!
- parents who brought me up to know the truth about Jesus
- Brad - we were meant to be! He loves me no matter what!
- my two healthy boys
- all my siblings, in-laws, nieces and nephews - what a huge families we have on both sides!
- my friends - you know who you are
- airplanes
- food (I have to agree with Hannah on this one)
- the right to vote

I have many more things in my head. I am thankful for my life in general. We are so fortunate in how we live. We always have a warm roof over our heads, food to eat, a vehicle to drive.... Sounds to me like I am a bit spoiled.
I was reminded on Sunday about something. I remember when I went on my mat leave when I had Joel, I had a bit of an identity "crisis" at first. I couldn't figure out who I was as a mother, no longer working. I had been an x-ray tech for years and that was how I labeled myself not realizing that I am so much more than that. My identity should be in Christ. That is who I am first! Once I can fully identify myself that way, I can do everything else, be a mom, a wife, a sister, a daughter, an aunt, an x-ray tech but do it with God as my focus. Why does that sound so easy but is so hard to do?

I am thankful that God forgives me and loves me unconditionally.

1 comment:

Miranda said...

I am missing you. Are you still in PG? Hope things are good.