Sunday, October 11, 2009

WE DID IT!!!!

7:15 am. Jen and I met in the lobby with all 4 kids and both husbands and then quickly made our way to the start where we arrived just in time to join the pack of 4998 other half marathon runners!



We finished the Royal Victoria Half Marathon in 2 hours, 12 minutes and 22 seconds. It was the perfect morning for a run - sunny, cool, no wind!! What a great day for a race! Thank you Jen for your encouragement to get me here and for being a great running partner! I wouldn't have done this without you! And to Brad and the kids for their patience in letting me do the training! It's all been worth it to get to this point - who knew running 21.1 Km could be so much fun??!!

4 comments:

Chris said...

Nice job girls. Congratulations. I think I would have grabbed a coffee and a scone at about kilometre 4.

theBreedvelds said...

That was about when the smell of cinnamon buns was wafting through the air! Almost made me stop ;)

frances said...

Congratulations Carolyne & Jen! I'm glad you were able to enjoy the experience. So, how about June 2010 in PG? Mike says he will run with us (without training). Might be the first time we can beat him at something athletic!!

Ice Cream Lady said...

Way to go! That is so cool! I would die if I tried that, but so wish I had your drive and motivation. Nice job!