Wednesday, October 07, 2009

It's not about ME!

This post is about me but it is not about me. I'm not really sure what has brought me to this point tonight. I know this is all kind of obvious, what I'm about to say, but sometimes something happens or God just prompts me to remember... this life is not about me. I get so consumed with how everything affects me - I have to work late, I'm stuck in traffic, I have to help _____ again..., something isn't done how I want it and so on and on and on..... Well, it's not about me. I am here to be a servant. God has called me to a life of servanthood, of faithfulness, of humbleness and self-control. My simple everyday life is to be lived with an attitude of doing whatever for His glory. It's just not easy. But really, it doesn't need to be that hard either. So, what am I going to do to change my attitude? I need to fall on my knees before my Maker and that is where I will always find the answers.

2 comments:

ribeirofamilia said...

deep thoughts....may i ask what prompted this?

ribeirofamilia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.