Monday, July 24, 2006

Island Life

Well, Joel is a little water baby. We just spent the weekend on Vancouver Island at our brother-in-law's, parent's house. It was so relaxing. They live right on the ocean and the temperature was well above 30 everyday. We got Joel dressed in his swim trunks and little swimmer and hat and plopped him in the water. It was the only way to cool down. Once he got used to the very cold water, he started kicking and splashing with his little hands. It was great. He was such a happy little boy.
Now we are back home and just sitting in the ground level, trying to keep cool. I really can't say much for townhouse living. I went to Wal-Mart today to try to find a little pool for Joel, that we could either put on the deck or in the car port. They had nothing. I guess cool baths will have to do. I just really wish we had a lawn. I feel really stuck inside right now. It's too hot to go for a walk and I can't even walk on the deck because the sun has been beating on it all day. Maybe I should go water my plants again. They may need it. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Miranda said...

I soooo wish you lived here :(

Joel is so cute as usual...such a little chunk..heehee. Miss you.

HET Z said...

enjoyed checking out your blog! karen passed it along to me.
We had an air conditioner installed a couples months ago,totally makes these hot days tollerable.
Your little Joel sure is a cutie pie!
From jo