Monday, September 18, 2006

More painting

On Friday night we completed more painting. The darker green is now done and the place looks soooo much better. No more white patches on the walls!!! Now, the trim and floors. Not that we're painting the floors but we are planning on redoing them, especially the kitchen. I need some opinions from those of you who know our place. Should we do laminate tiles in the kitchen? The one we picked is quite light and it's not like mom's. It has grout lines and the piece of laminate is actually 4 square tiles. Then the living room, we are trying to pick between new carpet or wood laminate. The wood laminate would look really nice as it is the antique colour, but we all know that carpet is much nicer to live in and to have little boys running around on. My concern about carpet is the cat. He already loves to scratch what we have. And then how far do we go with new carpet? Do we have to do all the stairs and the upstairs hallway and what about the bedrooms?? I don't really know what to do. HELP!
p.s. the light green paint does look better now that the other green is next to it! I don't think I hate it anymore.

7 comments:

Chris said...

The less carpet the better. You can always buy area rugs.
Chris.

Miranda said...

We are doing away with carpet completely in our house. Carpet is just too dirty with little kids and allergies here. Good luck with the choices!

Anonymous said...

i think that chris and miranda are out to lunch, SHAG is so in right now! that is what we are going to put in our house. and it is not fair to cooper if you put laminate in, he'll be burning out like mad!

HET Z said...

i have found that when you want your floor to look good and clean and you have laminate floors(or hard wood),you have to sweep, then mop.(2 jobs). With carpet, you vacuum (1 job)and then have it cleaned once a year or so by somebody else. Carpet is less daily work. trust me. from joanna

Anonymous said...

I have hardwood in my new place. I have to say hardwood is more work than I had thought. I am now thinking I should buy some stock in Swiffer. I am using those clingpads all of the time!

Annalise

HET Z said...

I totally agree with Annalise!

theBreedvelds said...

Thanks for the comments guys! I've heard from many people now that wood/laminate is quite a bit of work. I don't know that I want to be chasing dust bunnies all over the house!