Monday, November 06, 2006

Anticappointment

That is a word I learned at Women of Faith. Someone made it up, but it makes a little sense. So the half marathon sold out in 12 hours. So much for 4 days. So much for getting someone to talk me back into it at the last minute. Sorry Jen and Aaron. Maybe I'll have to start with something a bit shorter, like a 10k. Part of me was hoping it would sell out and part of me is a little disappointed in myself. I'll get over it.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Don't feel bad about not signing up! You're probably smart to start with a 10K and work toward a half marathon more slowly. There's a 10K in PG in June that doesn't sell out! Don't be disappointed in yourself - you are doing awesome and don't forget that you had a baby less than 9 months ago.
Love, Frances

Anonymous said...

I do agree with Frances about not pushing it too soon. I am comfortable running 10K now (after ten long years of sitting on the couch), but I wouldn't feel comfortable attempting a half marathon at this point. You are doing really well Carolyne...don't be disappointed...I am amazed at everything you do as a great mother and future half-marathon runner to boot!

Annalise

Jim & Monica said...

Great use of the new word that we learned!!!! I chickened out of the very short 5k "Run for the Cure"(it can't even sell out), so don't feel alone!!! I miss Joel (and you two also), had lots of fun in Vancouver, despite the rain. I think I brought it back to PG though!! We had a lovely dump of snow, so Sue Reimer and I took the kids, and Josh too, out sliding. We decided to stop when it started pouring rain on us!! But we did get it the first slide of the winter season, hopefully we will have snow at Christmas, so Joel can go for his first ride! Enough rambling, love you guys!! Monica