Okay, so tomorrow is the day when sign-up begins for the Vancouver half. Last year it sold out in 4 days and I am completely lacking motivation to sign up for it. Who wants to spent 2 to 2 1/2 hours running in the middle of February? It just doesn't sound like me. Why does my mind/body prefer not to do anything physical? When I actually go running it feels great and I feel great afterwards but to go is the really hard part. I don't like going. I don't want to go. So somebody encourage me to sign up. Part of me just hopes it will sell out before I actually decide.
The weather is absolutely miserable here. Rain. I don't like the rain. I would much rather have it snow and be cold and have to bundle up. Rain is just wet and chilly and ugly. Snow is bright and crisp and beautiful, even snow in November. Winter needs snow and I need winter. Christmas lights just don't look right here.
1 comment:
Go for it, Carolyne! I totally understand how the anticipation to go out for the run can be even more troubling than the run itself. I think if you don't sign up for the Vancouver half you will regret it. I know this is something you want to do even though cheescake is much more pleasing! When the day of the half comes, and if you aren't there, you will wish you were. That's how I felt about the Sun Run this year (granted this run is a much shorter run than the half, but the principle is the same). I didn't run it this year and I won't likely get the chance to run it for quite some time since I no longer live in Vancouver. Go for it, Carolyne! I can assure you that you won't regret it. You can do this!!
Is that enough encouragement? I hope it doesn't sound like I am putting too much pressure on you...I will still love you if you choose not to do it.
Annalise
Post a Comment